CV-2 Grease with Moly
- Outperforms the best conventional or synthetic greases and lubes
- Withstands extreme temperature and pressure in wheel bearings, U-joints and high-angle CV Joints
- Excellent high-temp stability, extreme-pressure protection and water resistance
- Used in a variety of applications with operating temps from -73°C to 260°C
- Strong resistance to oxidation and corrosion, low evaporation and oil separation with a minimum effect on rubber seals
- Contains an organic moly for chassis lubrication and high temp/high-speed industrial equipment
- Synthetic fluidity allows increases in bearing life up to 200%
- Will darken after high-temp use-not detrimental to performance
These fluids are offered in a variety of packaging for convenience in different work environments
- Used by many of the best engine builders, engineers, and technicians in Formula 1, GP2, Formula 3, NASCAR, NHRA, and WRC
Red Line CV-2 Grease is designed to withstand the extreme temperatures and pressures which occur in high-performance wheel bearings and CV-joints.
The excellent high-temperature stability, extreme-pressure protection and water resistance enables it to out-perform even the best conventional or synthetic greases.
Red Line CV-2 Grease can be used in a wide range of applications at temperatures ranging between -73°C to 260°C and provides good oxidation and corrosion resistance, low evaporation and oil separation, and has a minimum effect on rubber seals.
The exceptional extreme-pressure performance and the fluidity of the synthetic oil allows increases in bearing life of 200% to 800%.
Red Line CV-2 Grease contains a red moly compound which is a superior lubricant to black moly disulfide lubricants.
Red Line CV-2 Grease may also be used in industrial applications such as high-temperature alternator bearings, high-speed ball bearings, conveyor bearings, worm gear drives, servo mechanisms and applications where vibrations can cause fretting wear and corrosion to take place.
Red Line CV-2 Grease will retain its consistency and extreme-pressure performance under high-temperature and high-shear conditions for extended periods, which extends the performance ranges of the lubricated components.
Red Line CV-2 will slightly darken after high-temperature use; this darkening will not detrimentally effect the performance of the grease.
Although Red Line CV-2 is compatible with small amounts of many petroleum-based greases, it is always good lubrication practice to thoroughly clean out the old grease to eliminate abrasive particles and to minimise the possibility of grease incompatibility.
Lubricant 4-Ball Wear Load/Wear Index
(ASTM D-4172B) (ASTM D-2783)
Red Line CV-2 0.46 71.1
Syn Grease - M 0.50 41.9
Syn Moly Grease - A 0.78 38.4
GM Wheel Bearing Grease 0.71 36.6
Lubricant 4-Ball Weld Drop Point
Red Line CV-2 400 Kg >427°C
Syn Grease - M 2 200 Kg 252°C
Syn Moly Grease - A 315 Kg 268°C
GM Wheel Bearing Grease 250 Kg 274°C
PROPERTY CV-2 GREASE
NLGI Grade #2
NLGI Service GC-LB
Fluid Type Thermally-stable synthetic
Useful Temperature Range -73°C to 260°C
Dropping Point, >427°C
Load Wear Index 71.2
4-Ball Wear Scar Diameter (Red), 40 Kg 0.46 mm
Water Washout @ 41°C 1%
Evaporation Loss, 22 hrs @ 177°C 4%
Oil Separation, 30 hrs @ 177°C 5%
Oxidation Stability, 500 hrs @100°C, psi 12
Rust Test, ASTM D1743 Pass
|4-Ball Wear (ASTM D-4172B)||0.46|
|4-Ball Weld (ASTM D-2783)||400 Kg|
|Load/Wear Index (ASTM D-2783)||71.1|